The home page of a school website serves a number of purposes, including;
- It provides a first impression of the school and its brand, to those who have no experience of the school.
- It sets the web visitor’s expectations, not only in terms of the school and its values, but their expectations of what the rest of the website is going to be like.
- It acts as a set of sign posts to the most relevant content. Visitors can easily browse, or, go straight to what they’re looking for.
- It offers the school an opportunity to immediately capture the web visitor’s attention and share with them some important and / or engaging information.
- It must enable the web visitor to easily get in touch.
Below is a snap shot of a school website we’ve delivered for Grangefield School.
The school website received glowing reviews and acts as a hub of the school’s communications with a range of stakeholders.